This is the letter I wrote to Red Bull, via their Facebook page:
This is a formal request to end the Jesus and disciples ad. As a Christian, I find it very offensive and blasphemous. I'm sure I am one of many thousands of people who want the add cancelled. There is no need for Red Bull to confront Christians in this way. It is uncalled for and certainly speaks of Red Bull's desperation to get people talking about their product. There are many ways to promote a product without having to overstep boundaries.
The creators of this ad are obviously not Christian or of any other religious belief system, hence the unsympathetic and confrontational approach. I expect Red Bull to formally apologize to the Christian community. I look forward to your response regarding this matter.
Sincerely,
Francois Coeries (Cape Town, South Africa)
I urge all Bible believing Christians to do the same. We cannot allow our Saviour's name to be turned into a joke, suggesting that the miracles described in the Bible are a joke and brought down to the level of fools.
You can view the ad here
I fully agree there is no need to take on Christianity in this way. Also had this been targetted to another religion or group then there would have been an even bigger out cry to this.
ReplyDeleteI believe that this ad will be pulled and that we as Christians more often would stand up for what is right and stop accepting just anything as a joke or as acceptable.
Heggai
Agreed Francois. We as believers need to take a stand against these so called jokes of the Christian faith. We are mocked in this way because the world thinks that our forgiving nature will allow their pathetic illustrations to get by without protest.
ReplyDeleteshould this have been any other faith that was blasphemed in this manner then we would have been faced with a war of some sort. It is time that we as believers in Jesus Christ develop a no-nonsense attitude towards the world that thinks it's ok to joke about our Lord Jesus Christ.
My prayer is that God will touch each of their hearts so that they see His Glory and accept His Salvation.
Thank you for taking this stance. As you say, it's really pathetic that the ad makers of Red Bull will use this platform to market their product.
Signing out - The Worshiper