Everything on tv is just soccer focused. from furniture adverts to religious programmes. Football is at the order of the day.
I am a avid football supporter/ player/ watcher and I cant wait to see the world's greatest players in town; it is a time to remember and to tell the grandchildren about.
But....
What's gonna happen once everthing is over? What will remain? Did our government and FIFA prepare us for the aftermath?
I am pretty sure we'll be seeing a surge in product prices, a surge in corruption, and the people that will suffer? the ordinary "Joe" on the ground. Someone must pay for the stadiums that were built, the roads that were fixed, the parks that were rejuvinated, the big screens etc. And someone has to get rich through it... that goes without saying really.
To my fellow South Africans, please do not get in over your heads with this great event. Think of the months of August and September. All I'm saying is: let's be responsible. With all the money that will be flowing into our country, this is a great oppotunity to look after the needy that we are surrounded by everyday. Our government promised that the World Cup is for all South Africans. Please, let this be true...
Let's look out for the next Pele or Maradonna right there where they live. Lets give them something... boots, balls, a pitch, and let the dream continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment